Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time is on my side...


Mick Jagger never spoke truer words than these.

Time curses my brain. I am constantly thinking about time and how fast it slips by. So much so, that I waste a good hour of my day debating how best to manage my time, as I'm sure many people do.

Wouldn't it be nice if time could just slow down, long enough for the brain to catch its breath?

I often blame time for my lack of creativity, especially in the case of Wedding photography. A wedding day is not the kind of day that you can usually ask for more time, as a photographer anyway. I rarely get a chance to hang out with the bride and groom long enough for my creative juices to flow, therefore, I tend to miss even the most obvious "creative" photograph. It's usually not obvious until some guest with a disposable camera pulls the newlyweds over and snaps the shot, at which point I feel like a complete ass.

Most wedding photographers are aware of this and prepared to get that shot no matter what it takes. Even if it slightly disrupts the event. Again, for reasons unknown, I find myself uncomfortable in doing this, but I'm working on it.

Luckily, there are a few occasions in which the bride and groom have provided ample time between ceremony and reception for the photographer to focus on these artistic photos. In doing so, I have been able to tap in to my creative brain and come up with some really nice photos, a few of which you see here.

I want to thank those couples who realized the importance of photography in the course of their special day. No matter how much experience you have, we can all appreciate a little time on our side.


Oh, and I realize they're all kissing, but isn't that what newlyweds do?

No comments: